Profitable aquaculture operation calls for production efficiency, which is possible only with high feed quality. As feed is a large cost factor, reducing its expense without sacrificing performance can significantly enhance business results. An effective strategy to achieve this is to replace marine ingredients with alternative protein sources such as plant-based protein and terrestrial animal by-products. Amino acids are essential for growth, and commercial feeds are supplemented with crystalline amino acids (DL-methionine, L-lysine, L-threonine). Yet not all sources deliver optimum results – precise supplementation with highly concentrated amino acids is the key to success.
Methionine is an essential and limiting amino acid in diets for many aquatic species. Shrimp and prawns are bottom feeders, so feed pellets and extrudates must remain stable in water to perform. Thanks to the unique properties of low leaching and slow release in the gut, AQUAVI® Met-Met has a higher nutritional value than any other methionine source available today. This means the specially designed peptide AQUAVI® Met-Met not only reduces costs, but also preserves the methionine content of your feed in the water and enhances it in the gut. The optimized diet enables better growth and higher feed efficiency. And since it helps reduce fishmeal use, it contributes considerably to the reduction of overfishing and to environmental protection.
Benefits of AQUAVI® Met-Met at a glance:
- AQUAVI® Met-Met ensures that the valuable methionine source reaches the animal efficiently instead of dissolving in water.
- It preserves the methionine content of your feed in the water and enhances it in the gut.
- Supplementing with AQUAVI® Met-Met increases profitability, while preserving the high quality of your feed formulation.
- Excellent homogeneity and distribution in the feed mixture combined with high hydrothermal stability during feed processing guarantee high and constant availability to the animal.
- Supplementing with AQUAVI® Met-Met helps to reduce fishmeal use, which contributes considerably to the reduction of overfishing and to environmental protection.
What's in it for you?
In AQUAVI® Met-Met you have a critical advantage in mastering the challenge of reducing feed costs while at the same time retaining feed performance and ensuring animal wellbeing. By taking advantage of Evonik’s consulting services and analytical tools, you can achieve unprecedented precision in your feed mix, which in turn translates into improved quality, reduced fishmeal use and more sustainable feed production.