- Presenting record 14 abstracts
- Hosting the Amino Acids Symposium
Evonik will present 14 scientific abstracts at the Poultry Science Association (PSA) conference as it looks to share its scientific expertise and develop sustainable solutions to the challenge of feeding the growing global population.
This is a record number of accepted submissions for Evonik’s Animal Nutrition Business Line, something the company puts down to its ‘Sciencing the Global Food Challenge’ approach and to the expertise of its colleagues.
Through close collaboration with the industry – including sharing the results of its studies – Evonik hopes there can be mutually beneficial learning and the opportunity to develop sustainable food solutions.
Evonik is also hosting a symposium on ‘Amino Acids: New Paradigms in Poultry Nutrition and Health’. It will feature presentations from the University of Georgia, Perdue Farms, Wageningen University and Baiada Poultry, along with Evonik’s own contribution, ‘Beyond growth – The role of functional amino acids for immune functions’.
The conference takes place in Quebec, Canada, from the 15th to 18th July.
The 14 abstracts being presented are:
- Bacillus amyloliquefaciens CECT 5940 helped overcoming negative effect of heat stress in broiler chickens
- Bacillus amyloliquefaciens CECT 5940 improved intestinal morphology and performance in broiler submitted to coccidial vaccine challenge
- Beyond growth – The role of functional amino acids for immune functions
- CpG injection on day 15 post-hatch leads to metabolic changes on day 16 post-hatch in modern broilers and adaptive immune responses in a heritage breed
- Dietary bio efficacy differences of methionine sources with acidifier in diets fed to broiler chickens reared in floor system
- Effect of the origin of the bean on the chemical composition, protein quality, and nutritive value of the soybean meal
- Effects of feeding reduced crude protein diets to broilers while maintaining amino acid concentrations on growth performance, ammonia production, and meat yield
- Effects of high methionine supplementation on growth performance, meat quality, and bone strength of broiler chicks under heat stress
- Effects of high methionine supplementation on tissue redox, inflammation, and health status of broiler chicks under heat stress
- Reduce crude protein in starter phase diets of broiler chickens alters immune response in both starter and grower phase without affecting growth performance
- Responses of varying levels of DL-methionine and TSAA on [13C]Met and [13C]Cys oxidation in broilers
- The bio efficacy of methionine sources with acidifier in diets fed to broiler chickens reared in a cage system
- The effect of guanidino acetic acid supplementation on the chemical composition of breast meat in broilers
- The effects of threonine, glycine and serine on growth performance, fat deposition, nutrient utilisation and starch-protein digestive dynamics in male broiler chickens offered reduced-crude protein diets.
Evonik is one of the world leaders in specialty chemicals. The focus on more specialty businesses, customer-oriented innovative prowess and a trustful and performance-oriented corporate culture form the heart of Evonik’s corporate strategy. They are the lever for profitable growth and a sustained increase in the value of the company. Evonik benefits specifically from its customer proximity and leading market positions. Evonik is active in over 100 countries around the world. In fiscal 2018, the enterprise with more than 32,000 employees generated sales of €13.3 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of €2.15 billion from continuing operations.
Evonik is one of the world leaders in specialty chemicals. The focus on more specialty businesses, customer-oriented innovative prowess and a trustful and performance-oriented corporate culture form the heart of Evonik’s corporate strategy. They are the lever for profitable growth and a sustained increase in the value of the company. Evonik benefits specifically from its customer proximity and leading market positions. Evonik is active in over 100 countries around the world with more than 36,000 employees. In fiscal 2018, the enterprise generated sales of €15 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of €2.6 billion.
About Nutrition & Care
The Nutrition & Care segment is led by Evonik Nutrition & Care GmbH and contributes to fulfilling basic human needs. That includes applications for everyday consumer goods as well as animal nutrition and health care. This segment employed about 8,200 employees, and generated sales of around
€4.6 billion in 2018.
In so far as forecasts or expectations are expressed in this press release or where our statements concern the future, these forecasts, expectations or statements may involve known or unknown risks and uncertainties. Actual results or developments may vary, depending on changes in the operating environment. Neither Evonik Industries AG nor its group companies assume an obligation to update the forecasts, expectations or statements contained in this release.