... the world’s population grows by 83 million every year and the planet’s resources remain the same?
- The world population will grow from 7 billion today to more than 9 billion in the year 2050.
- This means that the demand for food will further increase, in particular the demand for high-quality protein.
- Hunger and poverty are two of the greatest challenges of the present and the future:
- According to the FAO, 960 million people suffer from malnutrition.
- An estimated 3 billion people get enough calories but have a deficiency in protein, iron, iodine and vitamins.
- Amino acids from Evonik help to balance animal feed in such a way that the whole feed can be efficiently digested by livestock.
- 1 kg of MetAMINO
- (DL-methionine) replaces 54 kg of fish meal, and 2 kg of Biolys
- (L-lysine) 34 kg of soybean meal.
- The resultant balanced nutrition translates into healthy livestock.
- Adding amino acids to animal feed significantly contributes to satisfying a growing and hungry population.
We will help to feed 9 billion people healthily in 2050.