Weaning, stress and bacteria impact piglets health and cause economic losses for the farmers
Weaning, stress, opportunistic bacteria – piglets face many digestive health challenges. The transition from milk to dry feed is a radical dietary change in production and frequent cause of intestinal imbalance. The abundance of undigested fermentable substrates in the intestine increases the numbers of escherichia coli, which is the most important cause of post-weaning diarrhea in pigs. Diarrhea can be responsible for economic losses in the farms due to mortality, morbidity, decreased growth rate, and cost of medication.
Fecinor® sustainably and profitably supports intestinal health of piglets
Evonik’s probiotic solution Fecinor® strain (Enterococcus faecium CECT 4515) was isolated from the small intestine of pigs. Fecinor® supports a more sustainable production without compromising food safety, animal health or productivity by reducing opportunistic or pathogenic bacteria. It supports intestinal health, and can help producers to solve quality, profitability and sustainability challenges, providing the basis for a high quality and effective product.
What’s in it for you? Benefits of Fecinor® at a glance
The expertise of Evonik in the area of animal nutrition gives us the advantage of extending our portfolio and knowledge to the area of animal health. Nutrition and health are closely linked in ensuring the well-being and performance of the animal. As a science-based company, we aim to close present knowledge gaps regarding direct-fed microbials and their potential influence on the microbiome, gut function and animal performance considering differences in the quality and composition of the feed.
- Fecinor® supports microbial balance in the gut.
- Fecinor® is easy to handle by employees at feed mills and farms.
- It favors growth of resident (beneficial) microbiota such as lactobacilli.
- Fecinor® can help to reduce the threat of opportunistic bacteria colonization of the gut, especially Escherichia coli.
- Fecinor®can improveaverage daily weight gain of piglets.
- Fecinor® helps to improve feed conversion rate and therefore to reduce production costs.
- It can reduce medication costs in animal production.
Certain statements may not be applicable in all geographical regions. Product associated claims may differ based upon regional or national requirements.